09 November 2017

Musing on the 9th, women steadily on the rise?


5:31pm November 6, 2017
       I just heard and saw on the 5 o'clock news that an American woman, for the first time since 1977, has won the NYC Marathon. This is not insignificant, especially on the heels of the "Me Too" movement of just a few weeks ago. I'm writing all of this down, because I had such a strong feeling come over me that- this is supporting evidence for the Divine Feminine that is on the rise in this nation. I don't know why. I don't know when or how, so you can't mark your calendars. I'm just sharing the download.
       I've gotten curious, now and have Googled, "1977 women's history". The Wikipedia page has offered some interesting tidbits on the 1977 National Women's Conference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_National_Women%27s_Conference , which is sending me straight to the Netflix series, "The Seventies" and episode 6 "Battle of the Sexes". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seventies_(miniseries) Check it out if you have a subscription to Netflix. (I'm not going to assume that everyone does.)
        It's been 40 years since the National Women's Conference. It may seem like more losses than gains sometimes, but long germinating, slow growing, deep rooting seeds were planted, the kind where the roots are twice or three times as deep as the plant is tall above ground. Each wave of progress and awakening gives support to the next phase, certainly as long as focus and a wide lens is maintained. 
       Here's another plant metaphor  [paraphrased] that Z. Budapest  once said, in one of her workshops twenty some odd years ago at the Wise Woman Center, 'the Goddess movement is like the dandelions- you mow us down, and we come back three times strong!'
       There'll be more on this topic.
             Did I already say that?

No comments: